Things to do in Greece
Category: Travel Tips
Greece Calling: Top 10 Things to do in Greece that will quench the calling thirst
It is home to some of the most important historical sites in the world, along with around 6,000 islands, Greece is known for its amazing natural and cultural beauty. From architecture to locals, Greece will make your vacation extraordinary! Plan your trip with a list of our best attractions in Greece. Various types of airlines can be chosen for your trip to Greece. Book online air tickets and you can take advantage of great offers and discounts for Greece flights because there are some travel agents offering cheap flight tickets.
- Athena: Athens, as the capital of the country and the birthplace of democracy, is the world itself and possibly the first place you will see in your Greek vacation. And, you can easily spend your entire vacation in Athens, but that means you will lose many amazing places to visit in Greece. But, with only 2 or 3 days, you can see the main attractions and attractions in Athens, such as the National Archaeological Museum, the ancient Agora, and the Acropolis. Plus, it will also give you enough time to explore the colorful streets of Monastiraki and Plake, and enjoy the atmosphere of the hills of Kolonaki.
- Corfu: As a dog's foot from an island that bridges the gap between the Albanian Adriatic coast and the Greek Ionian Sea, Corfu is items from a travel brochure. Along the meandering coastlines, marble beaches such as Pelekas and Chalikounas flow with isolated beauty, while people like the Old Corfu City and Old Perithia are filled with Venetian relics, anti-pirate castles, and lighted esplanades sun. The interior and the area give way to a more unreachable Corfu area, where sharp pine forests and Spanish pine trees soar with mountains and charming villages amidst greenery.
- Meteora: Meteora is a remarkable World Heritage center and truly one of the most sought-after places to visit in Greece. With a large peak of fine stone, Meteora can be the perfect setting for ancient fables or futuristic science fiction films. The monastery above adds elements of beauty and mystery to its beautiful landscape.
- Mykonos: With its golden sand beaches, bright white buildings, and turquoise skies, it's true that why Mykonos is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Greece. Known as the most famous Greek Island in the Aegean Sea, Mykonos is quite energetic and captivates upscale and perse people who indulge in their vibrant and stylish nightlife.
- Melissani Cave: Located near Karavomilo is Melissani Cave which is a steep cave famous for its beauty. This cave is nearly 4 kilometers long and formed when water eroded soft rocks for centuries. In ancient times the cave was dedicated to Nymph Melissani who gave the cave name. You can go down to the cave through the tunnel and then get out on the lake and glide through the turquoise waters on the boat.
- Balos Beach: Located on the beautiful Gramvousa Peninsula on the island of Crete is the legendary Balos Beach which makes it one of the best places to relax and enjoy the waves in Greece. This beach consists of a pleasant lagoon that opens into blue waters, and it is very clear here that you will be able to see most of the underwater life in the form of fish and shellfish. This is one of the prettiest places in Crete to spend time sunbathing or swimming.
- Rhodes: One of the most coveted Greek Holiday Islands; it has some of the most luxurious resorts and valuable beaches in the world. There is something in the labyrinth-style hallways and cobblestone pathways, the Old Town square and a beautiful seaside resort that makes people let go of all baggage and only focus the speed of the city. This was once an extraordinary site of the Colossus and still has lighthouses and ancient monuments from the era of 'Before Christ.' Prasonisi is a great place for beaches and nightlife, while the Grand Master's Palace is for history buffs.
- Kalymnos: One of the most beautiful places for Rock Climbing! This island is home to sponge Aegean pers since the days of Ancient Greece. The sponge factory and mountain monastery must see the place. The sponge is a trademark of Kalymnos because it is the main occupation of most residents. Surrounded by other small islands - where, only Pserimos & Telemundo is inhabited - Kalymnos adorns other parts of the Dodecanese islands with its mountainous landscape.
- Leros: It was said that ARTEMIS, the ancient goddess of hunting, chose Leros to govern his throne. Leros, like most Greek islands, is an island of small fertile valleys sandwiched between green hills, coves, and beautiful beaches. The topography has led to many villages with neoclassical buildings and narrow alleys. In old traditional buildings at Agia Marina, Platano and Lakki, three traditional markets on the island you will find fresh vegetables and fish, bars, tourist shops, gold shops, and boutiques.
- Museum of Contemporary Art: Greece is often considered an ancient place, but if you want to explore the modern side, then go to the Museum of Contemporary Art in Hora. Here you will find some amazing galleries. These showcase a whole range of world-famous contemporary artists, and there is also an exhibition dedicated to Greek painters, sculptors, and photographers.
Book Flights Online and enjoys your vacation in Greece. The best tip for traveling anywhere in Greece is to Book Flights Online. Cheap flights to Greece are easy to find. Save money on tickets. Whether you need a family vacation, time for yourself, or a romantic trip, you can find cheap Greek flights with BMT.