The Best Places to Visit in Europe in Summer
Summer is the best time to visit and explore Europe destinations. Attractive countries, magnificent buildings and profound history are the beauty of Europe summer. Europe is famous for a plethora of things. Whether it’s history, culture, food, architecture, beauty or meeting new people, travellers love to explore Europe throughout the year.
Naming a few famous attractions of Europe such as the Eiffel tower, Athens’ Acropolis, Swiss mountains, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Colosseum, La Sagrada Familia, Buckingham Palace and Prague castle. The European world is so big and magnificent that you will be surprised by the abundance of reasons to visit Europe every year.
Whether it’s your first trip to Europe or you are visiting again, the following are the best places to visit in Europe in summer.
- Paris, France: Paris has always been in the limelight when it comes to planning a vacation to Europe. One destination that will never be excluded from your dreamy Europe’s bucket list. Whether it’s romance, food, fashion, art, people or attractions, you name it, Paris has it. None other than the famous “Eiffel Tower” is the main attraction of Paris. From around the world, people travel to Paris just to witness the beauty of the Eiffel tower. Moreover, it’s the perfect place if you would like to propose to the love of your life. In addition to famous attractions, pay your visit to the Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral and the Palais Garnier. Visit Paris to explore its picturesque cafés, art galleries and exclusive parks. Don’t forget to try French cuisine and have the benefit of shopping for the latest fashion in Paris. If you are a budget-conscious traveller, fret not; Paris can be explored and enjoyed without digging a hole into your pockets.
- Croatia: If you would like to spend some unforgettable time with your family or lover, Croatia will not disappoint you. Croatia is the new famous destination in Europe amongst travellers. Find remote beaches, exceptional islands, fun beachside cafés; enjoy the summer like never before. During a vacation, it’s advisable to book a car and have an amazing road trip to explore the attractive and splendid Croatia. Dalmatian is one of the best beaches in Croatia, having crystal clear water, olive trees and hidden caves. If you are the one who would like to come closer to the sea and explore it deeply, then the beaches in Croatia are perfect to bring you the exceptional experiences of snorkelling and diving. Add Plitvice Lakes National Park to your Croatia bucket list. Spend the night there and witness the breathtaking beauty of forest, stars, scenery and lake. Towns like Dubrovnik and Split are the coastal heavens and treats for your eyes. Enjoy your time in summer and bring back lots of gorgeous memories.
- Madrid, Spain: Madrid is the home of fantastic things and all can be explored in perfect Madrid summer weather. Take a walking tour and explore Madrid’s incredible and stunning architecture. You can find many attractions during your trip. Begin your journey from Puerta del Sol then visit Plaza Mayor, Almudena Cathedral and lastly head over to the largest Royal place in Europe named Palacio Real. Get the authentic experience of Spanish culture in Madrid. Find non-stop live music on the streets of Madrid in summer. Also, the locals of Madrid are some of the best people in Europe. They are welcoming and sweet and you can have a good time talking with them. Though they are not fluent in English, they are kind by nature. The food is the highlight of Madrid. When in Madrid, enrol yourself in unique and fun food experiences like a special ham-cutting tour. From trending fashion streets to the best food of your life and rich historical culture, Madrid brings a one-of-a-kind experience to every traveller.
- Lucerne, Switzerland: Lucerne is a place that couldn’t be missed while travelling Switzerland. From hearth throbbing views to history, food, fun and culture, Lucerne will enlighten your trip to Switzerland. Check out the fourth largest lake in Switzerland, Lucerne Lake and enjoy the beauty of it while paddling through the boats. You can hike the mountains and enjoy the spectacular views of the lake, sky and Swiss mountains. Admire the culture and convention centre, bringing the top-class art museum, concert hall and architectural experience to the visitors. Staying 3-4 days in this enchanting town will offer you the incredible experiences of several things. Stroll around the town by walking, enjoy the beauty of Chapel Bridge and dive into the world of Chocolates. The most famous attraction around Lucerne is Mount Titlis. You can board the Swiss rail and this mesmerizing journey will take you to Mount Titlis. Reach to the top of the mountains through a cable car. The views you get there are beyond incredible and serene.
- Zurich, Switzerland: Apart from the beautiful and scenic Swiss cities, Zurich is counted as the financial capital and upmarket banking city of Switzerland. This place is famous for a plethora of things. From luxurious lifestyle to branded and fancy shopping, this one of the best cities in the world fills your heart with love and joy. You will find an abundance of tours, activities and day trips here in the city. Begin your beautiful trip in Zurich with the Landesmuseum (Swiss National Museum) followed by a lake and river tour. You can hire a bike and explore the city or you can enjoy the evening cruise on the river to simply enjoy the breathtaking sunset. Streets in Zurich are extremely busy; soak up the window shopping or do the real shopping, as you wish. Knowing the history and culture of Zurich is another favourite activity amongst locals or travellers. Moreover, the nightlife of Zurich will leave you awestruck. So, get yourself a relaxing vacation in the arms of Swiss cities.
- London, UK: Although London is one of the most expensive cities in the world, you still can live the fantasy of wandering the streets of London on your budget. A widely famous city, offering something for everyone irrespective of their interests. Whether you are a night owl, shopaholic or foodaholic, London will offer you an exceptional experience unlike any other in the world. Feel the vibe of the elegant theatres of London Theatreland as it is the best place to enjoy live shows and performances. For shopping addicts, explore department stores, designer boutiques in Oxford Street and London Bristles. If you would like to have a taste of local and traditional London, visit a market like Portobello Road in Notting Hill. Feel the breeze while cruising on the Thames River. Without any failure, have a fantastic view of the city while riding the London Eye (the most-wanted attraction of London). Moreover, a few attractions like Madame Tussauds, the House of Parliament and Westminster Abbey are worth exploring.
- Barcelona, Spain: You will be short on excuses for the city where there is jaw-dropping architecture, mouth-smashing food, Medi terrain atmosphere and whatnot. Ever seen the architecture, which is still building even after 100 years and is still yet to be finished in 2026? Don’t be amazed to see the La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. It is an outstanding piece of architecture that has been under construction for more than 100 years. One of the most spectacular yet controversial masterpieces, you won't see anything like this anywhere in the world. Must-visit attraction if you are planning to travel to Barcelona. In this city, it’s advisable to try food tours. On such tours, you will get to experience the best of the city’s food and drinks. Do not miss the maze-like narrow streets in the historic gothic old town, which is gorgeously appealing. Get a break from regular city tours and enjoy your vacation in Barcelona with fanciful food, drinks, architecture and beach.
- Santorini, Greece: Ever seen the best sunsets in the world? Ever experienced the beauty of white and blue architecture? Ever had the most relaxing yet romantic vacation? If not, these are the primary reasons why you should add Santorini to your bucket list. Greek Islands are widely popular in the world and Santorini is one of them. Vibrant blue sky, volcano, white-washed building, delicious wine and romantic vibes, Santorini will offer you superb beauty at every corner. Oia is the best place to witness unarguably the best sunset in Santorini. Book your table with a restaurant in advance and wait till the sun drops into the sea in a colour of gold and amber. Also, water sports are available in Santorini. Perissa and Kamari are the main spots to do the activity.
- Rome, Italy: If you are fascinated by lovely architecture, art, archaeology and deep history, Rome, the Italian capital should be the starting point of your Italy trip. In Rome, almost every corner brings some new history and cultural facts. From iconic judicial buildings to big fountains, from the famous Colosseum and the world-class art of Vatican City, it is worth visiting. Apart from some old buildings, the modern architecture of the city is interesting too. The city has some of the world's most iconic and beautiful fountains, built in different styles like medieval, ancient and Baroque. You can easily reach Vatican City which is situated in the heart of the capital itself. Get the chance to meet with the Pope and explore magnificent landmarks such as St Peter’s Basilica and Vatican Museums.
- Venice, Italy: From the famous Gondola ride of Venice to vintage sculptures and romantic gestures, Venice is a dreamy place of beauty and love. There are plenty of reasons to travel to Venice as it has lots of things to offer for everyone. Undoubtedly, Venice is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, anywhere you see it, you will love it. For picture lovers, every corner is picturesque and carries the aura of photo clicking sites. Rialto Bridge and St. Mark’s Square are popular locations in Venice. Don’t forget to experience a gondola ride with your partner and spend an amazing and romantic time in Venice.
- Amalfi Coast, Italy: Another popular destination in Italy and entire Europe is Amalfi. This small town has been seen in many songs and movies. You can easily take a ride by train from Naples to Amalfi and enjoy the Mediterranean landscape views, leaving you mesmerized. People love spending time there and enjoying soaking in the beauty of Sorrento. Never miss the charm of this historic town, your trip won’t be completed. To grasp the most enchanting views of the sea, colourful houses and harbour, Positano and Praiano should never be missed. If you want to explore the hidden gem of the Amalfi, Ravello is the town located on the top of the mountains, offering undisturbed and breathtaking views of the coastline. Arrange a boat trip to Smeraldo Cave, which lights up in an emerald blue naturally. With Amalfi, you will get to have the blended experience of both adventure and relaxation.
- Prague, Czech Republic: Prague in Europe has some incredible museums, extensive shopping stores, masterpieces of architecture and crazy nightlife. Prague offers awe-stuck views to its visitors. The old city is chock-full of long towering buildings and some incredible castles. Years back, Prague Castle was recognized as the largest castle in the world. Make sure you visit the castle while in Prague. If you want to make a budget-friendly trip to Europe, Prague is one of the cheapest cities to offer you an amazing time of your holiday. You can hop on the boat cruise and enjoy the reviews of the city while savouring the delicious meal and wine onboard. Live events, festivals, floating beer gardens and food displays are the highlights of Prague during summers. Make the most of your trip to Prague with the river, castles, bridges and shopping streets.
The aforementioned places are calling group and solo travellers to visit Europe and enjoy their summer vacation time exclusively. Flights, hotels, attractions, tours, and visas are the main things when it comes to going on a trip. Now you can easily book cheap flights to Europe with the help of a travel company. Furthermore, you will find great hotels at a discounted price. These travel companies cater travel needs from visas to group tours or romantic tours.
Without any further delay, book your amazing trip to Europe without hurting your bank balance. Find affordable deals online and have the pleasure of a European vacation.